75th Annual CSSRA June 3-5 • 2022
CANADIAN SECONDARY SCHOOLS ROWING ASSOCIATION Notification - September 6, 2021
It’s been a long two years without any Major Canadian rowing regattas. We are pleased to announce that the Canadian Secondary Schools Rowing Association (hereinafter CSSRA) has almost completed our plans for the 75th Annual CSSRA Championship Regatta to be held in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada on June 3-5 2022 and we take this opportunity to set out for you some of the rule changes we have adopted for the Regatta.
In recognition of the current state of our sport and its changing ways, the Canadian Secondary Schools Rowing Association has been actively pursuing an inclusive path that will promote participation in the High School rowing programs in Canada. High School rowing programs are void of the past two intake athletes and most schools will require the need to rebuild the foundations of their rowing programs.
CSSRA proposes to jump-start High School rowing in Canada with these changes to our Regatta format and rules;
- Competitors in the 75th Annual CSSRA Championships may be entered into the Regatta by either their High School Principal, or, by their associated Rowing Club Official,
- ALL crew competitors MUST attend/represent the same high school, no composite crews are permitted and all competitors are in full time attendance in the same high school.
- Proof of school registration may be required at the CSSRA Championships.
- List of event and category changes are as follows:
- CHANGED: All Junior Women’s and Men’s Quads will now be a Coxed Quad.
- NEW: Novice Men Eight, Novice Women Eight, Novice Women 63kg Coxed Quad, Novice Men 72 kg Coxed Quad, Mixed Double & Mixed Quad
- REMOVED: Sr. Men 72kg Eight, Sr. Women 63kg Eight, Sr Women 59kg Quad & Sr Men 66kg Quad
- Each school will be permitted no more than two entries per event, subject to any limitation of entries in this event.
- Coxswain’s will be permitted to compete in no more than three events.
- Each event will have limitations of total entries based on past entry information As soon as the detailed planning of the schedule, progression rules and changes have been finalized, all changed and further details will be posted at cssra.ca and on the official registrars web site. We hope and anticipate these proposed changes will encourage participation and assist your School or Club in jump-starting our sport at the High School level.
We are looking forward to hosting you and you’re rowing families for some great High School rowing at next years 75th Annual CSSRA Championship Regatta on June 3-5 2022
CSSRA Board of Directors
September 6, 2021
Entries will open April 1st, 2022
ROWANS LAW NOTIFICATION
NOTIFICATION TO ALL COACHES AND COMPETITORS
ROWANS LAW- CONCUSSION MANAGEMENT IN ONTARIO
Rowans Law concerning concussion management for Athletes has now come into Law in the Province of Ontario. As of
September 1, 2019 all active ONTARIO Coaches and Participants at the Canadian Secondary Schools Rowing Association
Regatta must have read and agreed to the Ontario Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries approved
Concussion Awareness Resource. Additional information concerning this new requirement is available at the RowOntario
Website, concussion Management Information.