75th Annual CSSRA June 3-5 • 2022
All races are Open to any Collegiate, High School or Secondary School in the World. All Contestants who have been in regular Day School attendance for the current School Term, have the certification of the School Principal and are under 19 years of age on 1st January, of the year of the competition may participate in this event.
- Two or more entries required in each event to ensure a race
- A student is considered a High School student, for the purpose of entry into this regatta, once they have enrolled in Grade 9 Full-Time.
- Only an authorized representative of the School can make entries in the Registration System for the CSSRA Championships.
- All athletes must be registered on the Regatta Registration System to be eligable to compete,
- All coaches must be registered on the Regatta registration System only those coaches will receive a coaches wristband.
- All entries must be completed on-line on the CSSRA Regatta Registration provider no later than Tues. May 25, 2022,11:59pm EST
- Name changes to entries on-line must be made prior to May 26, 2022 5:00pm
- Entry fees MUST be MADE ONLINE by May 25, 2022 11:59pm.
- Entries will not be accepted UNTIL a certified school attendance list (alpha list) with Date of Birth of all participants on School Letterhead signed by the School Principal by May 29, 2022 9:00am.
- School list MUST be saved as a “PDF” and emailed to the Registration Committee C/O email@example.com
- The draw will be made public by May 29, 2022
- All members of competing crews excluding coxswains must be of the same sex and all must wear the school racing uniform
- Each school shall be responsible for provision of its equipment as well as conduct & physical fitness of all its competitors
- No composite crews allowed at any event. All members of crew must be registered and attending the same school
- All fees are payable in Canadian Dollars
- Substitutes will only be accepted from your School’s Alpha List. Students already entered in two events are not eligible to be used as a substitute. The maximum number of substitutes that can be use from the alpha list are: 4 for an eight; 2 for a four/quad and 1 for a pair/double. No substitutes are allowed in a single.
- A $10.00cdn. fee per name change will be charged for each change made to an entry. There will be no fee for any Medical name change upon reciept of a medical document.
Entry fees for all events are based on the following $40.00 per entry and $5.00 per seat in each entry. Effective April 2018 both Rowing Canada and Row Ontario will also add a seat fee to all entries!
Send Certified Schools Attendance list to:
Canadian Secondary Schools Rowing Association Mail to:
9 Old Mill Road
St. Catharines, ON. Canada L2N 6X1
or E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTICE TO ALL CLUBS, COACHES AND HIGH SCHOOL REPRESENTATIVES
The following points should be noted when preparing crew lists for entry in the online system:
- Eligibility: On “Semester” type schools, students must be enrolled and in regular attendance in three (3) credit courses. In “Non Semester” schools, students must be enrolled and in courses for a minimum of six (6) credit.
- Competitors must produce photo ID at the weigh-ins and at the dock before launching. Current school year Photo ID or Government issued ID are the only acceptable IDs allowed. D.O.B. not required on School ID.
- All competitors including coxswains will be allowed to enter a maximum of two events. Should a School enter competitors in more than two events, those entries will not be accepted.
- All entries must include birth dates or they will not be accepted: Seniors: Under 19 years of age January 1, year of the competition Juniors: Under 16 years of age January 1, year of the competition
- Semi finals will be held for all events with 22 entries or more.
- All lightweight crews and all coxswains must weigh in each day that they race: See weigh-in rules.
- Any crew changes must be approved with the registrar in the regatta office by 4pm the day prior to the first heat of the event. Crew changes are not allowed in the weigh-in room. A fee of $10.00 will be assessed for each name change. The fee is due when the crew change is made.
- Minimum weight for coxswains – Men’s & Women’s Races 45 kg. See weigh-in rules.
- There is no averaging of the athletes in the weight class events. The stated weight is the maximum an individual may weigh.
- All crews entered in draw will be assessed a $75.00 fee for a “no show” or “scratch”. Failure to pay will result in suspension of entire school for future regattas. There is no fee for a Medical scratch upon reciept of a medical document.
- No shell will be allowed on the water unless shoes are equipped with a safety release, and heels are tied down and a bow ball is in place, bow number clip is attached.
- Maximum entries are set at 63 per event. Only one entry per school per event will be accepted.
- Medical: The Chief Medical Officer or his/her staff have the authority to refuse any athlete the usage of the course if in their opinion the athlete is unfit to row.
- Unsportsmanlike Conduct which includes but is not limited to foul, abusive or profane language WILL NOT be permitted at the Regatta Site before, during or after any racing by Competitors or Team Officials, and that such Conduct may result in immediate Disqualification from the Race or future Races at the Discretion of the Regatta Chairman.