77th Annual CSSRA · May 31, June 1,2 2024
CSSRA Bursary Fund
The CSSRA Bursary Fund is set up to provide financial assistance to Canadian athletes attending the regatta from outside a 800 kilometre radius of St. Catharines. The bursary is a token amount given to assist with travel costs such as transportation and accommodation.
Additional funds for the bursary come from any sponsors of the Regatta and from the past generous donations of Mr. Doug Wells of Toronto, a founder of our organization. We also receive funds for the bursary from Rowing Canada Aviron and the St. Catharines Rowing Alumni Association.
Since 1983 we have assisted 4199 competitors by providing over $268,758.60 in travel assistance.
Qualifications are as follows:
- Up to a maximum of $100 per athlete will be paid – subject to change;
- Funds will be paid in St. Catharines at the Regatta on the Saturday;
- The total amount paid will be determined by the number of approved athletes that register for the regatta;
- The deadline for applications is April 30th of the Regatta year;
- Successful applicants will be notified by May 10th of the Regatta year;
- Assistance is limited to Canadian schools;
- An athlete is eligible to apply for assistance every year but at a pro-rated basis.
Inquiries and applications should be sent to:
CSSRA Travel Bursary Program
C/O Cesare Marchese
9 Old Mill Rd
St. Catharines, ON. L2N 6X1
Email inquiries may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org